Meet Elke Evrard
Elke Evrard is a PhD Research Fellow at the Human Rights Centre. She holds a Master of Science in Comparative & International Politics and a Master of Arts in European Studies, graduating magna cum laude from the University of Leuven. Before joining the Human Rights Centre, Elke held a position as Senior Research Manager for a global market research company.
Elke takes part to the ERC funded project “Righting victim participation in transitional justice” as researcher and coordinator, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Tine Destrooper. The objective of her PhD research is to develop and test a mixed-method research design for critically appraising the impact of participatory approaches in the implementation of transitional justice mechanisms.
By introducing more advanced – mostly quantitative and experimental – methods from the fields of social psychology and political science, this methodological contribution should allow to better assess and monitor the impact of ongoing and future TJ interventions, all the while striking a balance between local meaningfulness and global replicability.
Elke Evrard’s Education
- 2012 – 2014 Master of Science in Comparative & International Politics (magna cum laude)
Thesis – Between Conflict and Cohesion: An Analysis of Peace Education in Sri Lankan Schools
- 2011 – 2013 Master of Arts in European Studies (magna cum laude)
Thesis – Images of the European Union as a ‘Strategic Partner’: The Interplay of Identity and
Perception in Chinese Academic Work
- 2008 – 2012 Bachelor of Arts in Language & Area Studies: Sinology
- March 2018 – present
Senior Research Manager, Kynetec
– Full ownership of research projects from start to finish
– Extensive experience with qualitative & quantitative analysis
– Maintaining close contact with key client accounts
– Managing junior team members on daily basis
- 2017 – 2018 Research Manager, Kynetec
- 2014 – 2016 Research Executive, Market Probe
Contact InformationVisiting Address
Paddenhoek 5, 1st Floor, 9000 Ghent, BelgiumPostal Address
Ghent University, Campus Aula, Human Rights Centre, Universiteitstraat 4, 9000 Ghent, BelgiumDirect Contact